Changing your oil and filters regularly is important if you want to keep your bike in top condition.
It’s a simple process that everyone should easily be able to do themselves, but there are a few things to note on any bike before you start.
- Have the correct grade and amount of oil that you’ll need.
- Have a replacement filter.
- Have the correct tools ready to use.
- Have some cloth / tissue to clean up small spills.
- Have something to catch and store your waste oil.
Most bikes use a wet clutch so it’s important to use engine oil for motorcycles with a wet clutch. This is the JASO MA or MA2 spec.
If your mixing gas in a 2T, then you’re probably still using an MA grade in your transmission, and probably JASO FD in your fuel mix.